
Before we moved away from st george, one of my good friends and I were discussing bugs. She mentioned that we would likely encounter scorpions, and that the cocroaches would be larger as we got deeper into the desert...she was right about both. The cocroaches ARE actually much bigger here...and I am pretty sure they are equipped with wings. And roughly a month or so after we got here we had a little visitor in our entryway. A small scorpion was hanging out near our shoes...ready to prance on unsuspecting piggies. yikes. We later decided to google these little creatures to find out just how pottent they are...turns out they are pretty dangerous. And the smaller they are, the more toxic and deadly their sting...so to say the least we have all been training ourselves to wear shoes a little more often.



3 comments:
auaaughh. better you than me. hee.hee.
When Jill was a baby and crawling we were living in Colorado and I found a black widow spider in the kitchen! I immediately called an exterminator! Scared me to death! We also had scorpions in my home town in Colorado. I hate Spiders of any kind!!!!
I put my foot into my sneaker and squashed a cockroach. Needless to say the exterminator was called that day. I also found a cockroach in Brooke's bedsheets...SO GROSS!
Post a Comment